(Modified version of this recipe)
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup cold butter or margarine, cubed
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- chopped basil leaves
- 4 mushrooms, finely diced
- In a bowl, combine the flour and baking powder. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In another bowl, combine the egg, milk, cheese and pesto. Stir into flour mixture just until moistened.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 8-10 times. Transfer to a greased baking sheet. Pat into a 10-in. circle; cut into eight wedges but do not separate. Bake at 400 degrees F for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.